http://www.youtube.com/user/MMilesWHDD page by tomorrow morning, and on air on CATV 6 by tomorrow evening. We will post a link here on http://regiononereport.wordpress.com by tomorrow as well. Some highlights of the meeting n a nutshell:
1) The bids for the heating work on the renovation project came in, only ONE bid! And, it’s about $20,000.00 over
2) There appears to be a SURPLUS in the Region One Budget this year (right now it’s estimated at around $230,000.00) but they are awaiting a final figure by the end of June
3) The cafeteria budget is about $15,000.00 short for the year, money is needed for the science/Tech building for furniture, etc, as Scooter Tedder said at his first meeting many months ago, the microscopes at Housatonic need to be replaced, some were in use when Scooter and I went to Housatonic in 1971!
4) The region is still waiting to see the bids for the “roof” project
5) A redacted Aereon Watson (Scott Fellows) letter from the board attorney to the board was released to the board and public
6) Various other items on the agenda. It was great to see so many people there, and lots of folks from Cornwall showed up! And there were many statements and questions from the public to the board!
7) Gale Toensing put forward many motions, I think three were actually accepted by the board, and some existing policy motions were defeated!?
At the conclusion of the meeting, I suggested (and asked Sam Herrick if it was legal, he said it was) to take the surplus money (whatever amount) and put it towards the overrun for the heating system, to put it towards furniture and supplies for the science center, to purchase NEW microscopes as was a suggestion from Scooter Tedder many months ago. If any is left over, add it to the contingency fund for the roofing project, or purchase more iPads for the high school.
I wanted to suggest that Scott Fellows (Aeron Watson) be brought before the board in executive session for questions on his possible violation of school rules regarding internet usage, but never got a chance to put it before the board…oh well, there is always next meeting!