HOW TO IMPLEMENT A REGION ONE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SPORTS PROGRAM IN 4 EASY STEPS
By Marshall Miles
1) Scrap your current plan (it NEVER has a chance with two towns saying they would not participate in the plan)
2) Scrap the flawed idea of running it thru the Central Office, and not allowing towns to completely opt out, and having the High School Budget pay for a program that is not their responsibility.
3) Have each local Board Of Education in any of the six towns that want to participate in a regional elementary school sports program split the financial responsibility among themselves in their OWN LOCAL education budget.
4) If in the future, other towns want to participate, they can join in to lower the cost to other local boards of educations.
5) Done. Do that and you will have your middle school sports program, done the correct way, with no penalties to towns that right now do not want to participate. And a program that is controlled by the local boards of education, not the Superintendent.
That is all, thank you:
One word to describe the ABC actions in this meeting…..disgraceful